An Integrative Medicine Approach Can Help You Feel Better From the Modern Worldwide Epidemics of Today Chronic Pain - Inflammation - Obesity - Diabetes - Fatigue - Insomnia - Infections - Heart Disease - Toxicity
“Your present state of health is a reflection of how well your body is functioning”
These days we are faced with the epidemic in the rise of chronic illnesses of modern living.
These include many common conditions like obesity, chronic back pain and arthritis, diabetes, allergies, heart disease, alzheimers, autoimmune inflammatory conditions like thyroiditis, MS and rheumatoid arthritis, ADHD and autism, fatigue, mold and chemical toxicity, insomnia, cancer and chronic infections.
An integrative medicine model approach along with personalized nutrition and lifestyle therapies can offer solutions to improve, manage and prevent these conditions.
What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine is a branch of the healing arts that focuses on early assessment and intervention to improve the physical, mental and physiological function of a person’s life.
At the Healthy for Life Wellness Center we describe Functional Medicine is an integrative, science based approach to health care that treats patients as a whole person rather than a set of symptoms. By shifting a disease-centered medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, practitioners are able to spend time with their patients and evaluate their medical history, as well as the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that can influence the patient's long-term health. At our center functional medicine aims to maintain a patient's overall health on a preventative, individual basis.
A functional medicine assessment is an examination into your present state of health and body function. It is an early indicator of imbalances in fundamental processes that can be an underlying CAUSE of many common symptoms and health problems.
The functional medicine assessment helps us design an integrative comprehensive approach to help you improve the following common health conditions:
- Allergies and Asthma
- Adrenal Stress Fatigue
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetes and Diabesity
- Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
- Muscle Aches and Muscle Tension
- Muscle Weakness Deconditioning and Sarcopenia
- Digestive Health, Bloating, Gas, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Gall Bladder Disease
- Dysbiosis, SIBO, Intestinal Permeability and Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Inflammatory Conditions of Joints, Skin and Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Gluten Food Sensitivities and Crohn’s Disease
- Auto-Immune Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Chronic Fatigue and Insomnia
- Chronic Infections, Lyme Disease and Candida Yeast Overgrowth
- Environmental Chemical Toxicity, Mold Allergy, Chemical Sensitivity, Mercury Heavy Metal Toxicity, Metabolic Detoxification
INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE FOR CHILDREN
At the Healthy for Life Wellness Center we support the needs of children with a wholistic approach using natural therapies and specific nutrition for children. A therapy like micro-current acupuncture without needles is a great therapy for children with ear infections or sports injuries.
An integrative approach can help many common health problems like:
- Attention deficit disorder ADD and ADHD
- Allergies (food / and environmental)
- Common colds
- Constipation / Colic
- Dermatitis / Eczema
- Ear infections / Otitis Media
- Sports Injuries like ankle sprains, os good schlatter knee pain or overuse strains